Just finished another painting using Gouache paints. Gouache paints are different to watercolors but sort of similar to them as well.
Here are some quick facts about Gouache paints that I have learnt along the way;
- Gouache paints are pronounced “gwash – rhymes with wash
- It is a heavier paint than traditional transparent watercolors
- It dries giving a richer finish than watercolors
- Watercolor is transparent and Gouache is opaque
- Gouache is great to use for large areas of flat color
- Good to use to hide your pencil drawing lines
You can buy a cheap set of Gouache paint from your local craft store. Remember the cheaper the paint the less likely your work will last, however a cheap set will be fine if you are just starting out.
Enjoy your weekend!