It’s been a very busy few weeks so I am glad to be here to say hi and sharing with you on the blog again. The alphabet sampler and Sally the Domestic Goddess projects are progressing slowly. Both are still a few months away from being released.
In the meantime here’s another needle case to share with you. You can never have to many needle cases for keep your needles safe.
This needle case is particularly quick and easy to make. You don’t even need a sewing machine to make it!
To make the case you will need;
- Two pieces of felt in different colors. One piece measuring 22 cm x 10 cm or 4 x 8 inches The other piece 17cm x 7 cm or 3 x 7 inches
- 14 count Aida Fabric 6cm x 5 cm or 2 x 2.5 inches
- DMC embroidery cotton floss
- Embroidery needle
- Pinking Shears (optional)
Here’s how to you make it;
- Stitch the cross stitch design using the DMC cotton floss above on 14 count Aida fabric
- Place the finished DMC on the left hand side of your open piece of felt
- Hand stitch the design in place using quick and easy backstitch
- Place the first piece of felt with the design facing the table
- Place the second piece of felt on top of the first piece and attach in place with a back stitch or running stitch.
- Gather your pins and place them in your needle case
Have a great week!