It’s the first week of Autumn. The days are getting cooler. It’s a great time to spend in the garden now that the hot weather is over.
We’ve decided to use this time of year to makeover our courtyard garden. Our back fence was blown over in a storm just before Christmas. It’s now been replaced and it’s time to transform a tired, old space into something fresh and lovely.
This is courtyard as it looks today;
The total budget for this makeover will be less than $500.00 for plants and paint. It should take a month of weekends to transform it. The smaller the plants you buy the greater the saving.
- 4 litres of fence paint in dark blue
- 4 litres of cream paint for the house walls
- 2 paint brushes – small and large
- 4 bags of compost material
- 5 Pittosporum Silver Sheen plants for along the fence
- 5 Gardenias for along the house wall
- 4 Bamboo plants in pot to cover the air conditioning unit.
I will show you the transformed courtyard in a month or so.
In the meantime there has been a little time for sketching and painting with the help of my gorgeous cat.
Enjoy your weekend!