Christmas is now less than four weeks away! I know its nearly Christmas time as the gorgeous white Hydrangeas are starting to bloom in the garden. It’s a fabulous time of the year even though very frantic.
There is still time to cross stitch some Christmas napkins using the free Christmas tree chart I designed today. It’s really easy to stitch and will be a nice addition to your Christmas table. Complete instructions can be found below.
You can use the chart to stitch on plain fabric as I have done or on linen. You could even use it to create a charming Christmas card. The colors used are any share of green, red or yellow you like. Remember however that this chart is for your own personal use only.
To make the Christmas Napkin
1. Cut 15″ x 15″ piece of cotton Gingham fabric
2. Fold over the edges of the fabric twice and sew around with a sewing machine.
3. Download the free Christmas chart above.
4. Sew some waste canvas in a corner of the napkin making sure to leave at least an inch below the edge of the waste canvas.
5. Using floss in dark green, red brown and yellow cross stitch the above design into place.
6. Remove the waste canvas. For instructions refer to the tutorial on how to use waste canvas – “HERE”
7. Iron the Napkin and place on the Christmas table.
If you need to buy waste canvas you can buy some from the Gingham Red Store – “HERE”. Your order will be processed and posted to you within 24 hours of payment having been made.
Wishing you a happy and productive week ahead!